What services does the Centre provide?
The Centre provides legal advice and assistance to individuals who have experienced discrimination in communities across Ontario.
We can help you:
- Resolve a dispute involving your rights under the Human Rights Code
- File an application to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Take your application to mediation or a hearing at the Tribunal
- Enforce an Order of the Tribunal if the Tribunal finds that you have experienced discrimination
Legal services, including representation, are provided on a stage-by-stage basis – for settlement negotiations, for filing, for mediation and for the hearing. This allows us to match the level and extent of service at each stage to a number of factors including the needs of the individual, the merits of the claim and the complexity of the evidentiary and legal issues.
- Use our quick online tool to figure out if you’ve experienced discrimination under Ontario’s Human Rights Code